Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First week at home...

Well Kayli continues to dazzle us all with her amazingly quick recovery from her liver transplant. A LIVER TRANSPLANT...it sounds so weird for me to even say out loud. She had her first follow up appointment last Thursday where they took out about half of her staples, and adjusted her medication dosage. She had another follow up today, they drew labs and took out her remaining staples! I am waiting for Mark and Kayli to get home so that I can see how she looks. I didn't go today because I am sick. I am sure I only have a head cold and its certainly because my body is tired. Hopefully I will be able to kick this pretty quickly so as NOT to get Kayli sick, and I am trying to confine myself to my room so I do not spread my germs around the house.

Kayli has been pretty active in her week since being home. She has gone to the mall, Wal-mart, Target. She hung out up at the theater with us for awhile as we have have been busy with Emily's theater production...which is completely an amazing show!! (You should all see it and yes I am shamelessly plugging the show!!) Sunday evening she even went to dinner with the cast at Red Robins and had so much fun and realized how much she misses all of her CYT friends! She had her friend Cristine spend the night and yesterday they went to Market street for lunch and then met up with some other friends to see the movie The Lovely Bones, which apparently they all hated. :( She looks beautiful, and it is just so hard to believe what she has been through in the past 2 months.


She will continue with her Homebound schooling for now, which starts again today. But the doctor noted today that there is a POSSBIILITY he may release her to go back to school sooner than March 1st IF she continutes to take care of herself and improve the way she has so far.
This week she will be able to start back to CYT classes and next week is the Showcase, where if all goes as planned, Kayli will perform in a skit and a monologue on stage. :)



                                                                                      --->Kayli & Cristine hang around the house.
















            Band friends Liz, Synnamyn, & Leanna all pay Kayli a visit and bring her Taco Bell.










Kayli stops in at the last Seussical dress rehearsal to tell her CYT friends to Break A Leg!










...and gets a much needed hug from her favorite dance teacher Miss Ruth...who is now ENGAGED! :)


She also got to spend some time with her her close friend Rachel Adamo. :)







Red Robin's was a ton of fun, and a ton of people...:) Kayli took off her mask just long enough to enjoy a coke and a burger...



...and share a beautiful smile with her favorite drama teacher Mrs Julia!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.